Intranet Version of the Siku quanshu (Wenyuange Edition)
This page provides basic information and help in English for the convenience of users. More complete help files are available in Chinese throughout the database.
Please note: Special logons and passwords are no longer necessary for this resource. It is now available in E-Research@Harvard Libraries and HOLLIS using your Harvard ID and PIN. Remote accesVirtual Private Networking (VPN) software will not be needed for access from outside the campus network. Bookmarking and notes will not be saved from session to session because individual logons are no longer used.
Allows users to search and view the full text of the Wenyuange edition of the Siku quanshu. The database is searchable by keyword (full text and notes), book title, and author's name. Additional features include date conversion tools and an online dictionary in the Toolbox (工具箱).
Based on the following print sources. Call numbers are for the print versions held by Harvard-Yenching Library.
- Yingyin Wenyuange Siku quanshu 影印文淵閣四庫全書 (9100 61),
- Siku da cidian 四庫大辭典 (Ref (C) AC149.S75 S77 1996x)
- Zhonghua gu Hanyu zidian 中華古漢語字典 (C) PL1420 .C5238 1997).
Access from outside the campus network no longer requires VPN (Virtual Private Networking) software. Simply go in via the above link or find it through HOLLIS/E-Research and enter your ID and PIN.
Windows 98, NT, 2000, and XP with Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher. To be able install Active X control to print, requires that you have Power User rights, available in Windows® NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows XP, or Windows Server 2003.
In order to print the image of the original text (原文圖像) normally, Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher is necessary. The default, searchable text (原文文本) prints normally with Internet 5.0 or higher.
To accommodate the large number of unusual characters, a special character set called FZKai-Z03 is bundled with the program. The character set has already been installed on all Harvard-Yenching Library public terminals. Users working on other computers may download FZKai-Z03 using Windows Update on their browsers.Downloading FZKai-Z03:
- From the logon page, click on the 字庫下載 link below the logon box on the database homepage.
- Scroll down to find instructions for downloading the character set and a chart of operating systems (下載步驟).
- Click on the link for your operating system and language environment.
- Open up the downloaded character set file and install it.
- Restart your browser and log on to the Intranet Sikuquanshu.
The font set is also available under "Technical Support" (技術支援) at the top of the database home page. Then go to Section 4 (4. 字庫下載) and follow the instructions above.
To check if FZKai-Z03 is already installed on a computer:
- Open Notepad (Start --> Accessories --> Notepad).
- Windows 98/NT users: click on Edit and choose "Set Font";
Windows 2000/XP users: click on "Format" and choose "Font."
- Scroll through the font window. If FZKai-Z03 appears, it has already been installed.
Active X Control and Printing
Printing requires installation of Active X control. Click on the ActiveX列印控制下載 link beneath the logon box on the database home page. Instructions are provided in Chinese:
- Click on the 下載ActiveX控制 link below the instructions.
- To download script.exe, click "Open."
- To install, click "Yes."
- Read the license agreement and click "Yes."
- Click "OK" when the system tells you installation is successful.
Installation of Active X control requires that you have Power User rights, available in Windows® NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows XP, or Windows Server 2003.
To print a page of text, click on the arrow next to landscape (橫向列印) or portrait (直向列印). The printer icon does not print the text.
Input Methods for Searching
Users may enter search terms using an independent, Unicode-based input method such as the Windows Global IME or by using the input tools included with the program. Tabooed words and other unusual characters are mapped to their standard equivalents and may be searched using their typical counterparts.
- Users wishing to use pinyin input for full text searching will most likely want to use the Windows Global IME or other Unicode-based input system. Instructions on working with the Global IME are available in the HOLLIS catalog help file under "Chinese, Japanese, and Korean Scripts."
- The primary input tool included with the software allows users to browse character lists organized by total number of strokes and then by radical. This tool may be used with any kind of searching. Click on the 輔助輸入 link to the right of the main search box to access this tool.
- The software also allows browsing of book titles or author names using stroke number-radical lookup; pinyin lookup; and zhuyin fuhao lookup. To access these lookup methods from the main search page, click on 進階檢索 and then choose either 書名檢索 or 著者檢索. The default lookup method is the primary input tool of stroke number-radical, but users also have the option to select 按拼音排序 or 按注音排序.
A small number of works have been omitted from the database or have special forms of presentation. This list is no longer up to date; at least some of the texts are now available.
- Texts in non-Chinese languages and those which consist primarily of rhyme schemes or musical scores are not included in the database. The table below lists the texts not included in the Intranet Siku quanshu. Users may consult the print version of the Siku quanshu for these items (Harvard-Yenching 9100 61).
- Pictures, charts, texts containing small amounts of non-Chinese languages, etc. are presented as full-page images or attached to the text.
|經||欽定繙譯五經四書 - 御製繙譯易經|
|經||欽定繙譯五經四書 - 御製繙譯易經 - 周易圖說|
|經||欽定繙譯五經四書 - 御製繙譯易經 - 筮儀|
|經||欽定繙譯五經四書 - 御製繙譯易經 - 周易上下篇義|
|經||欽定繙譯五經四書 - 御製繙譯書經|
|經||欽定繙譯五經四書 - 御製繙譯詩經|
|經||186||欽定繙譯五經四書 - 御製繙譯禮記|
|經||187||欽定繙譯五經四書 - 御製繙譯春秋|
|經||欽定繙譯五經四書 - 御製繙譯春秋 - 網領|
|經||188||欽定繙譯五經四書 - 御製繙譯春秋|
|經||189||欽定繙譯五經四書 - 御製繙譯四書|
|經||欽定繙譯五經四書 - 御製繙譯四書 - 繙譯大學|
|經||欽定繙譯五經四書 - 御製繙譯四書 - 繙譯中庸|
|經||欽定繙譯五經四書 - 御製繙譯四書 - 繙譯論語|
|經||欽定繙譯五經四書 - 御製繙譯四書 - 繙譯孟子|
|經||御製律呂正義 - 上編 正律審音|
|經||御製律呂正義 - 下編 八音樂品總說|
|經||御製律呂正義 - 續編 協均度曲|
|經||御製律呂正義後編 - 卷首|
|經||216||(韻律 / 樂譜)|
|經||218||(韻律 / 樂譜)|
|經||欽定詩經樂譜全書 - 卷首|
|經||欽定詩經樂譜全書 - 附 欽定樂律正俗|
|經||233||御製增訂清文鑑 - 補編|
|經||233||御製增訂清文鑑 - 總網|
|經||233||御製增訂清文鑑 - 補編總網|
|子||松風閣琴譜 - 卷首|
|子||松風閣琴譜 - 附 抒懷操|
|子||學古編 - 附錄|
Adapted from the database manual (文淵閣四庫全書內聯網版：使用手冊，凡例及安裝指引. Hong Kong: Chinese University Press, 2002, pp. 52-53).