Printing from Personal Laptops

Frequently Asked Questions about Printing with Pharos Mobile

Who can use Pharos Mobile to print?

Both non-FAS and FAS affiliates (students, faculty, staff in the College or Graduate School of Arts and Sciences) who have laptops can print using Pharos Mobile.

Can I print from a laptop running Windows Vista?

No, but Pharos is planning on releasing a newer version of its software in the near future that contains Windows Vista support.

How much does it cost to print?

Printing is 10¢ per sheet, charged with Crimson Cash.

How do I print double sided?

After you select the printer, click the “properties” button. Then select “finishing” and “double sided.”

How long will my print job stay in the print queue?

Print jobs will remain in the print queue for 120 minutes (2 hours).

Why do I have to download a new (driver) for each printer that I wish to print to?

In order keep the size of the package download file small, each package only contains the drivers needed by a particular printer in a specific location.

Do I need to download the driver each time I want to print to the same printer/location?

No, as long as you are using the same computer, you will not need to re-download a driver. You should only have to download the package the first time you print to each printer.

How do I release a print job from the print station?

Swipe your Crimson Cash card at the printer release station and select 'print job' to release.

I sent my print job to a printer, but when I swipe my Crimson Cash Card at the Release Station, the print job is not listed. What's wrong?

There are a few things you will want to verify:

  1. Verify that it has not been more than 2 hours since sending your print job to the printer. Remember, Mobile print jobs only stay in the print queue for 120 minutes.
  2. Verify that you sent it to the correct location in your library (e.g., the color printer on Cabot's First Floor, the printer outside the café in Lamont, etc.).

If both are true, try resending the print job.

Whom do I contact if I have a problem with printing?

See one of the Research Services librarians on Level B.

How can I get a refund if my document does not print?

Contact Dining Services (Crimson Cash) at 617-496-6502. Make sure you tell them the location where the print job was sent, time problem occurred, and how many pages you attempted to print. They will refund your card.

Return to Top

« Return to the Printing with Pharos Mobile page