Research Assistant Library Privileges
Research Assistant library privileges are available to eligible library users who are conducting research for a Harvard University teaching faculty member, or who may need to borrow books on behalf of a Harvard University teaching faculty member.
- The Research Assistant Borrowing Privileges Card is valid at most Harvard University libraries.
- These privileges are meant exclusively for individuals performing work on behalf of a faculty member and are not for personal use.
- A maximum of three individuals are eligible to be assigned as Research Assistant to a faculty member at one time.
- The Research Assistant card acts as a proxy for the faculty member, therefore loan periods mirror those that would be extended to the faculty member.
- The faculty member is responsible for all recall, recall fines, and any lost books charged by the proxy Research Assistant.
- Loan periods for borrowing, renewals, overdue fines, use of reserves, and other regulations are set by the individual libraries where this card is valid.
- A $5 fee is assessed for the issuance of the Research Assistant Borrowing Privileges Card.
- Complete and sign the Application for Research Assistant Library Privileges.
- Bring the form in person to the Library Privileges Office, Widener Library, Room 130, Monday, Wednesday & Friday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm, Tuesday & Thursday: 9:00 am - 8:00 pm and Saturday: Noon - 5:00 pm.
- Bring a payment of $5, along with a Photo ID, for issuance of the ID card.